Assignments Seminar Landscape Democracy 2015
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 11:47, 15 September 2015 by WikiSysop (Created page with " == Assignment 1: Pre-seminar Concept Mapping of Seminar Theme == *'''Assigned: Monday, October 19'...")
- Assigned: Monday, October 19
- Due: Monday, October 26
- Assigned: Tuesday, October 27(distribution of themes)
- Due: one week after respective presentation, list with overview will be sent
- Assigned: Tuesday, October 27
- Due: Monday, November 30
- Assigned: Tuesday, December 1
- Due: Monday, January 25
- Assigned: Tuesday, January 26
- Due: Monday, February 8
General issues about group work
- In addition to the general subject of landscape, democracy and participatory planning this seminar also intends to foster skills in intercultural communication, project management and organisation. Therefore, the participants are randomly distributed to small groups of three. Each group is related to one of the seminar lectures in order to prepare assignment 2.
- These small groups will stay together throughout the seminar and complete the assignments 2+4.
- In order to protect your privacy rights the names of the group members are not published publicly on this wiki by the coordinator. However, if groups wish to do so they are free to add their names voluntarily.
- Each group has a wiki page for documenting the results of each assignment. Access to these pages is provided via the working groups page.
- Roles have been given to each of the three group members in order to facilitate your initial working process. The roles are set as follows:
- coordinator - the coordinator is responsible for the time and project management of the group. He/she organises the timing and the agenda of small group meetings, takes care that working steps and delivery times are agreed and kept and communicates with the overall seminar coordination about any problems or unclear issues.
- draft concept map - he or she is responsible for creating a first concept map of the lecture the group is supposed to reflect upon. This map will serve as a discussion basis. He or she will also do the final editing of the wiki page related to this assignment.
- propose case study area - this role means that he/she will make a proposal for an area for which the green infrastructure design will be developed by all group members.
- all roles need to be distributed but they might be changed within the small group. But an agreement on this needs to be made right at the beginning.
- How to meet?- Small groups may use any technology they find convenient for arranging their cooperation. If required, a breakout room in the seminar classroom can be provided.