Minutes Tuesday, 15th of January 2013
Session Recording and Materials
Seminar theme: Designing Urban Climate Speaker: Lecture by Dr. Sanda Lenzholzer|WUR Wageningen, NL
Sanda Lenzholzer’s selected publications on the topic:
- Lenzholzer, S., and Brown, R.D. (2013, accepted) Climate-Responsive Landscape Architecture Design Education, Journal of Cleaner Production, doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2012.12.038
- Lenzholzer, S. (2012) Research and design for thermal comfort in Dutch urban squares, Resources, Conservation & Recycling , 64, pp. 39-48.
- Ren, C., Spit, T., Lenzholzer, S., Yim, H. L. S., van Hove, B. H., Chen, L., Kupski, S., Burghardt, R., *Katzschner, L. (2012), Urban Climate Map System for Dutch spatial planning, International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation 18 (1):207-221.
- Lenzholzer, S. and Wulp, N.Y. (2010) Thermal experience and perception of the built environment in Dutch urban squares. Journal of Urban Design 15 (3), pp. 375-402.
- Lenzholzer, S. and Koh, J. (2010) Immersed in Microclimatic Space- Microclimate Experience and Perception of Spatial Configurations in Dutch Squares, Landscape and Urban Planning 95 (1-2), pp.1-15.
Other selected publications on the topic:
- Brown, R. D., Gillespie, T. J., 1995, Microclimatic landscape design : creating thermal comfort and energy efficiency, Wiley, New York [etc.], pp. 193.
- Littlefair, P. J., 2000, Environmental site layout planning: solar access, microclimate and passive cooling in urban areas, CRC BRE Publications, London, pp. VIII, 151 p;.
- Stuttgart, A. f. U., 2008, Climate Booklet for Urban Development, Ministry of Economy Baden-Wuerttemberg, Stuttgart.
Tasks for the next session
- Working groups J + K to complete assignment 2 before January 21
- Working group O to complete assignment 2 before January 28
- prepare for your presentation talks
- the time limit has been extended to 10 minutes
- we will have two parallel presentation slots
- however, take care that you keep this limit (you may test beforehand)
- preferably, all group members should present one slide
- please use headphones during presentation to avoid echo effects
- please start revising your pre-seminar concept map
- more details here
- post-seminar concept maps can be submitted by e-mail until February 4
- You will receive an invitation to do the seminar evaluation, please complete this anonymous form within the next 10 days
Preparation for the next session
- The next session will be on January 22, usual time. Our speaker is MaryCarol Hunter from the university of Michigan.