Green Infrastructure Seminar Instructions for Working Groups
--->back to minutes 28.10.2014
Dear seminar participants, in the following you will find the basic information for getting you started with the collaborative process of this seminar. I hope you will enjoy your group work and learn a lot from each other in addition to the lectures of this seminar. Best wishes, Ellen
Registration to the Seminar Wiki
- This time we will send you registration details per e-mail, this will be done before Thursday, 6th of November
- With this registration details you can edit your own wiki page
Getting familiar with the wiki
This wiki uses the same software as Wikipedia, so maybe you are already familiar with this. Please check the help page for a first introduction. The best way is learning by doing.
Where is my working group?
- For privacy protection reasons we do not publish the working group members with full details on this wiki.
- The PDF file with the working groups has been send to you by e-mail. Please contact the seminar coordinator in case you have not received this information.
- Please check this file and find your working group and your group members. You will be working with this group until the end of this seminar.
- As soon as you know the number of your group, you can go to the working group page and find your group's page there.
Roles in the working group
The working group list proposes a distribution of roles. This basiscally aims to help you in the collaborative process. However, the roles are not fixed and you may agree within your group on changing them in case there are good reasons for this.
The roles are as follows:
- Coordinator: The coordinator organises the group communication and arranges additional meetings (i.e. Skype or similar) during which group discussions can take place. He/she also needs to have the deadlines in mind and remind the other group members about these.
- Manage Assignment 2: this person needs to take care that the concept map of the lecture is made. He/she may propose a draft to which to others can comment. Each group will prepare only one lecture concept map. You find the date of 'your' lecture in the group list.
- Rapporteur: takes minutes of working group meetings and documents aggreements made as well as working steps.
- Presenter: presents final assignment
---> The initial group distribution list will include a proposal for role distribution. However, you can agree internally on a different role distribution if needed.
What are the next steps now?
- Assignment 3 has now started, so you are asked to document an 'image of nature' from your personal context until 1st of December.
- This process should be accompanied by communication within your group. Please document stepwise so that your group members get at chance to learn from your case.
- Important: The group list gives you an ID (A,B or C). This relates to your working group page - there you can find a link to the template of your case. Please use this template for documenting your case.
- Green infrastructure can be found everywhere in your environment, it could be in your neighbourhood or be a part of the wider urban/rural landscape of your location. It can also be a problematic case. It is important that you have a personal interest in this case.
- you may arrange an online meeting with your group members soon, so you can get to know each other better.