Resources Design with Nature
- The Florence Charter adopted by ICOMOS in 1982
- European Landscape Convention opened for signature by the Council of Europe in 2000
- IFLA-ICOMOS Document on Historic Urban Public Parks
The Japanese Garden
- Bring Mitchell, Wayembergh Josse, Japanese Gardens: Design and Meaning.
- Gunter Nitschke Japanese Gardens: Right Angle and Natural Form.
- Keane Marc, Japanese Garden Design.
- Kuitert Wybe, Themes in the History of Japanese Garden Art.
- Shirane Haruo, Japan and the Culture of the Four Seasons: Nature, Literature, and the Arts.
- Tagsold Christian, Spaces in Translation: Japanese Gardens and the West (Penn Studies in Landscape Architecture).
- Takei Jiro,Keane Marc Peter , Sakuteiki : Visions of the Japanese Garden.
- CSIRO resources: https://www.csiro.au/en/Research/Environment/Land-management/Indigenous/Indigenous-calendars
- Documentary on (Asian and Japanesse) gardens: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b009364f
- Application for the Waza to Kokoro: Hands and Heart seminar, June 3-9, 2019, is open. Details at Japanesegarden.org/thecenter. Email: email@example.com
The Gardens of the Alhambra
- Eggleton, Laura. “History in the Making: The Ornament of the Alhambra and the Past-Facing Present.” Journal of Art Historiography 6 (2012): n. p.
- González Alcantud, José Antonio. “Social Memory of a World Heritage Site: the Alhambra of Granada.” International Social Science Journal 18 January 2012. n. p.
- Grabar, Oleg. The Alhambra. NY: Viking Press, 1978.
- Luis José García Pulido. El territorio de La Alhambra. Granada: Ed. Universidad de Granada, 2013.
- Menocal, María Rosa. Ornament of the World. NY: Little, Brown, 2003.
- Robinson, Cynthia. “Marginal Ornament: Poetics, Mimesis, and Devotion in the Palace of the Lions.” Muqarnas XXV: An Annual on the Visual Culture of the Islamic World. Frontiers of Islamic Art and Architecture: Essays in Celebration of Oleg Grabar's Eightieth Birthday. Leiden: Brill, 2008. pp. 187-214.
- Ruggles, D. Fairchild. Islamic Gardens and Landscapes. University Park: Penn State UP, 2008.
- ---. Sites Unseen: Landscape and Vision. Pittsburgh: U of Pittsburgh Press, 2007.
- ---. Gardens, Landscape, and Vision in the Palaces of Islamic Spain. University Park: Penn State UP, 2000.
- Tresserras, Jordi Juan, et al. “Excavations in the Garden of Hippolytus at Complutum (Alcalá de Henares, Spain).” Archaeology of Gardens in Roman Hispania project. Project Grant Report, 2004-2005. https://www.doaks.org/research/support-for-research/project-grants/reports/2004-2005/tresserras/view .
- Watson, Andrew. Agricultural Innovation in the Early Islamic World. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 1983.