Minutes June 01, 2010
In the beginning, Heike pointed out the schedule of this session according to the seminar structure and process.
Isin Barut & Ieva Kiesnere decided to do the Minute exercise to this Expert Case Study.
Presentation of Concept Maps (Reading exercise)
The following Concept Maps from an article were presented:
The other concept maps still missing will be presented in the following group seminar session on June 08 as well as in the very last session on July 06. All concept maps of the Reading exercise are listed here
The case study presentation by Ozlem Ozcevik | TU Istanbul & Imge Akcakaya | UCLA Los Angeles was about Measurability of the ECOC Programme towards Regeneration of the "City of four Elements", dealing with
- What is ‘urban regeneration’ and how does culture ‘lead’ it?
- What kind of ‘impacts’ does culture have over urban regeneration?
- What tools are used to ‘measure’ impact of culture in Europe?
- What is the relation of ‘ECOC’ with the impact of culture on urban regeneration?
- What is the most appropriate ‘measurement method’ for assessing culture-led regeneration schemes such as ECOC?
- What should ‘Istanbul ECOC 2010’ do to achieve positive feedbacks from urban regeneration programme?
- What are the opportunities and restrictions?
The slides are downloadable from the password-protected Moodle webpage from the link below, the password has been given to the seminar participants per e-mail.
Ozlem Ozcevik | TU Istanbul & Imge Akcakaya | UCLA Los Angeles: Measurability of the ECOC Programme towards Regeneration of the "City of four Elements"
These are the participants' contributions:
Due to technical problems, the presentation had to be done via Application Sharing. Thus, the interactive tools could not be used by the students.
Student Case Studies (Publishing exercise)
Heike provided some feedback and encouraged the students to continue with editing their online documentations.
Land8Lounge discussion group (Analysing exercise)
Heike encouraged the participants once more to use the Land8Lounge discussion group for starting discussions about the ECLAS thematic fields according to the Analysing exercise. Moreover, she explained the difference between the discussion forum and the comment box.
In the end, Heike announced the next seminar session which will be used for extended group work.
Unfortunately, the lecture was not recorded.